|Translation: Transferring fully, accurately and fluently, the meaning of a text written in a language to another language by successfully reflecting all the format and contextual characteristics of the original text.|
Translator should translate the whole document into target language as per the rules and conditions written on the PO.
Below items to be checked before delivering the target text(s) as the criteria of the success of Translation process:
1. On time Delivery
4. Consistency of the terminology and the translation memory
5. Completeness of the target text
6. File names and format
7. Checking erroneously added to the target text any note, comment or explanation not found in the source file and omissions to the target text
8. Protecting page design, fonts and any other similar characteristics of the source file.
9. Meeting the expectations of the customer, target audience and its culture; such as local metric systems etc.
|Editing: Comparing a translated text with the original one sentence by sentence, and doing necessary corrections and changes by a second translator.|
Above items to be checked by a second translator before delivering the target text(s) as the criteria of the success of Editing process.
|Proofreading: Comparing a translated text with the original one, if necessary sentence by sentence, and doing necessary corrections and changes.|
Proofreader should check and correct the target text if necessary comparing with the original text. Typical grammar, spelling, terminology, format, style, etc. errors be reported in a separate file or in the delivery message. Above items and additionally style and fluency to be checked before delivering the target text(s) as the criteria of the success of proofreading process.
|Review: Reading a translated text and comparing it with the original if and when necessary, evaluating the translated text as a whole and reporting incorrect or incomplete parts (if any).|
Reviewer should just read predetermined parts of the target text, and not change or correct the errors, but he/she should report typical grammar, spelling, terminology, format errors in a separate file or fill the LQA form as per PO instructions. The criteria of the success of review process are written in the PO or in the LQA form.
|Quality Assessment (QA): Reading a translated text and comparing it with the original if and when necessary, evaluating the translated text as a whole, and rating the translation based on the standards indicated on the Work Assignment Form.|
· Full Post-editing: FPE is the process whereby translators amend machine-generated translation to achieve an acceptable final product, including education/calibration of MT and aims at making it also stylistically appropriate.
· Light Post-editing: LPE is the process translators amend MT-generated translation to achieve an understandable text.
|Scanning: Scanning printed documents at a sufficient quality to obtain the best OCR result, preferably at 600 dpi resolution. |
|OCR: Optical Character Recognition is the process of converting from non-editable file types to editable file types using software such as Abby Fine Reader etc. Unless stated otherwise on the Work Assignment Forms, source texts shall be transferred to MS Word file preserving all formatting properties.|
|Page setting: Reapplying the source document’s page design, page numbers and locations including all other formatting properties identically to the target document before and/or after the translation and/or editing or other processes. The software to be used shall be specifically stated on Work Assignment Forms.|
|Final Check: Checking the files the editing and/or proofreading and/or page setting of which has been completed, by comparing the page setting properties in particular with the source document and applying correction and amendments if necessary by the page designer.|
|Terminology List: Lists containing the frequently used or subject-specific words and groups of words in the source and target languages, prepared by Mirora, Mirora’s customer or third parties for a specific project or a series of translation projects.|
|Translation Memory: Memory generated by Computer Aided Translation software such as those mentioned above, matched bilingual files.|
|· Mirora Project Manager evaluates below criteria and will determine whether to release the product for the next processes. If any of the above mentioned definitions and criteria does not meet Mirora instructions & rules, PM makes the translator correct/fix/supply all missing criteria accordingly or start the necessary process(es) from scratch with the same or different TSS.|
· File names: Unless otherwise instructed by Mirora or her client, file names MUST NOT be changed.
· Using Term Approval form: In case of any doubts about the terms, “Term Approval Form” should be used
· Confidentiality: All source, target and reference files and materials are strictly CONFIDENTIAL even if it is not said so on the files.
· Confirmation: If you have objections to the terms, conditions, prices, quantities, delivery dates, other information etc., warn related Mirora Project Manager as soon as possible; otherwise Mirora records are deemed to be accepted.